Obtaining a General Safety Induction Card
The new CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card) training is competency-based and involves assessment processes, which include online knowledge assessment questions and a live video verbal assessment to assist in assessing knowledge, skills and verbal communication abilities.
Our leading-edge program is delivered online and has been designed and delivered by experienced instructional designers and trainers who have substantial experience in workplace health and safety within the building and construction industry.
Topics covered by the course are categorised into four basic sections:
- Section 1 covers how to identify workplace health and safety (WH&S) requirements;
- Section 2 provides training on how to identify construction hazards and control measures;
- Section 3 trains you how to identify WH&S communications and reporting processes;
- Section 4 deals with incident response procedures.
These sections include:
- Basic information on the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, Workplace Health and Safety Regulation 2008 and codes of practice
- Risk management
- Principal contractor’s safety plan
- Work method statements
- Material safety data sheets
- Basic emergency procedures such as first aid, evacuation plans and procedures
- Causes of fires and types of controls
- Reporting hazards to relevant persons at the workplace
- Obligations of principal contractors, employers, self-employed persons, workers and others
- Workplace Health and Safety Officers
- Duty of care under common law, and
- Workplace recording of work injuries, work caused illnesses and dangerous events.
For the new CPCCWHS1001 white card, please allow approximately 5 hours to complete this course and the related knowledge assessments, and approx 20 mins for the live video verbal assessment.
This course and any knowledge or short answer assessments are delivered online, with a mandatory live video verbal assessment for the new CPCCWHS1001 white card. You may complete the course from the convenience of your home or office. You can even start the course and complete just a part of it, and then finish it another time – the online course remembers where you got to and will start from there next time.
Once you’ve completed the knowledge and live video verbal assessment, your answers are marked by our Assessors immediately.
For the new CPCCWHS1001 white card, you will also need a selection of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to complete the live video verbal assessment. We can provide the PPE as an extra during registration.
The fee to complete this course is:
- A new CPCCWHS1001 (WA) white card available from $38.50
This fee includes postal dispatch of your White Card once all requirements have been met. Your White Card will be dispatched typically within three working days of course finalisation (one-day turnaround if Priority Service Upgrade option is ticked).
There are several other requirements for doing this course online which you can read about by clicking the Start Course Now button below.