Lost your White Card? Click here to get a replacement. It's quick and easy!

Date PostedFebruary 21, 2019

Plumber Hospitalised after Serious Acid Burns

Source: Pixabay.com

A horrific accident has taken place involving an Adelaide plumber who suffered serious acid burns in a workplace accident.

The 69 year old man was unblocking a pipe at the time when a bottle of sulphuric acid he was using pressurised and exploded in his face.

The man’s clothes was melted off his body and he ran outside screaming in pain. The burns covered his face, chest, arms and back legs. Reports say the man was in a lot of pain and shock and also lost his eyesight.

Onlookers rushed the man to a shower at a nearby gym to try and help, dousing him in water.

Paramedics arrived shortly afterwards and continued to attend to the man.

The man is being monitored by burns specialists at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and remains in a serious condition.

Find out more https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/28/19/33/adelaide-news-plumber-seriously-injured-in-horrific-acid-explosion

Peter Cutforth is a Director at Urban E-Learning, a global elearning and web strategy firm based in George St Brisbane. Peter's interests extend to training, safety and compliance, online marketing, and Mobile Apps.

Posted in Blog Tagged with: , , , , , ,

Subscribe