Organising a safe work environment is crucial to not only keeping workers safe and healthy, but ensuring your workplace stays efficient and productive.
Every work site has its hazards and risks and every job has its own exposure to hazards but construction workers and trade workers in general are at an increased risk of injury.
Every company needs a health and safety program which is tailored to their needs, taking into consideration the work environment, work being undertaken etc.
A recent article on a Business website highlighted some issues that we should all address.
- Every manager should know they role and what their workplace health and safety requirements involve.
- Each work site should have a plan which clearly outlines health and safety regulations and plans to minimise of eliminate hazards.
- Examine the workplace and check it regularly.
- Focus on the investigation of health and safety mishaps in the workplace.
- Help everyone on site manage their rehabilitation.
- Make sure all employees are properly trained.
In construction that begins with General construction induction training or The White Card Course. It is a mandatory safety course for everyone who works in construction and can be quickly and easily completed online today.