It can be challenging for women to advance in the construction industry but one woman who’s made it in this male-dominated industry is giving some advice.
Tracy Young is a 32 year old construction engineer who developed construction software called PlanGrid that provides real-time updates and is designed for use at work sites, is giving other females some tips on her secret to success.
- Her first piece of advice is to “ignore the naysayers”. Use the negative to motivate you to prove them wrong.
- She also says find a problem you struggle with and find a solution.
- Focus on your specific expertise.
- Choose your co-workers. If possible don’t work with people that don’t want to work with you.
- Find mentors, even if they are male.
Read more of her secrets to success at https://www.forbes.com