Whether you’re a stock broker or plumber, workplace stress is the one thing most of us, in all industries have in common. But handling workplace stress is something that not everyone knows how to do and while there isn’t a single blanket solution to managing workplace stress and pressure, here are 6 smart steps from a few accomplished entrepreneurs who have managed to do so,
- Take a Short Walk – The change of pace and change of scenery will do you good. Stepping away from your desk and the high pace work environment, even if for a few minutes can help clear your head and decompress. It’s a good mental break and the exercise will also do you good.
- Stretch – Take the advice of physical therapists and chiropractors and stretch. It will help you cope with stress and is good for your overall health.
- Remember its all in your mind – Because stress is in the mind, it can be controlled. Try meditating and breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Help someone – You’ll be surprised how relaxing and good it feels to do something nice for someone else at work, it brings happiness to someone else and yourself.
- Make a list – If you feel overwhelmed make a list so you know where to start. This will also help you sort out your top priorities.
- Dance – Listening to music and even dancing for a few minutes will help you cheer up. Dancing has positive physiological and psychological benefits.